Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Beginning to a Long Journey

Now it is September 23rd and I am sitting in class when I feel 3 gushes of fluid come out of me. I immediately went to the bathroom and pulled down my pants to find my bottoms soaked with that same clear fluid only this time it was more. I then called my mom and she advised me to call my doctor immediately, so I did. I called my doctor and they said come as soon as you can. So within 30 minutes I arrived at my doctors and my mom had met me there. My doctor then did a speculum exam to see if I was leaking fluid, which I was not. Then I was sent in for a sonogram again to check on the babies and make sure everything was okay. Just like last time everything looked good. I then was sent back into the room to talk to my doctor. She proceeded to say we have a couple things it may be, one it could be urine she said sometimes during pregnancy women get UTI's and don't even know it because they don't have any of the symptoms but they may experience wet undies. Second it could be your water, but thats worst case scenario. She also began to say things I never wanted to hear. She said that if this is the case and you did break your water most women choose to terminate their pregnancy because this could be harmful to the babies development of the lungs and limb movement. Once these words came from her mouth all I could do is break down hysterically, it was all a terrible nightmare. She then said I personally don't think you broke your water I think its just urine. This kind of irritated me because I knew it was not urine, I was sure it was something else I just didn't know what. My doctor then sent me home and said I have you scheduled to come back tomorrow to get a culture done to test to see if you broke your water, but if you experience anymore leaking come back right away. When I arrived home I went straight to my room to lay down and rest. About an hour later I leaked again.

No comments:

Post a Comment