Thursday, October 24, 2013

Readmitting Day!

On October 18th 2013 I was readmitted into the hospital to get my steroid shot. The plan was to give me the shot and then monitor me for a few days and send me home. When I got there they had to put the IV port in me again, this time they only stuck me twice but it was still painful. When they stuck me the first time they hit a valve in my vein and it started to swell, so they tried a second time, this time I was dripping blood all down my arm. Finally that was over. Then it was time for a sonogram, still both the babies looked great and the fluids were 4cm and 5cm. This was such a good sign because the fluid was up and I haven't leaked in a little over 2 weeks. Then I was sent back to my room, and a nurse came in to take my blood and get a urine sample to check for infection and to check the ph level in my urine. A few hours later the doctor came in and said I may have some good news for you. She said that since my fluid levels were up and that I haven't leaked in a while it is possible that my water sealed the leak. She said this was rare but you might be the lucky one since you beat all the odds. She also said if this is the case you no longer need the shot because you have no need for it. She said originally your ph level was 8, but then just before it was 7.5 which was still an if-y number so she had a nurse come in to catheterize me so that they would have a clean catch of urine. Being catheterized is no fun, it hurt very bad it felt like someone was sticking a knife up my vagina. Later that night she came back with the ph level results and it was now 6, this number was still not reassuring. So for that night until the morning she had me on complete bed rest, I could not get up I had to use a bed pan. This was so that in the morning she could do a speculum exam and see if there was any pooling of fluid or if there was any leaking. Thankfully for my wonderful boyfriend that night he helped me with using the bed pan. Once again using the bed pan was not a great experience but I was doing it all for my babies, I was doing whatever I had to. The next morning the doctor came in bright and early 6am, in fact it was not bright outside it was still dark but I didn't mind because after this exam I was able to get up to use the bathroom again. Once the exam was over she had told me that there was no pooling of fluid and that when she had me cough there was nothing leaking. So from here it seems as if you sealed your leak. This meant I was being discharged and was going home!

No comments:

Post a Comment