Thursday, October 24, 2013

Listen to your Gut

On September 9th, 2013 I woke up and went to the bathroom and noticed my underwear were soaked. I was incredibly confused and concerned because I had no idea what had happened, so I made an emergency doctors appointment. Later that day I arrived at my appointment and informed my doctor what had happened. She then asked me a series of questions regarding the situation. Such as what color was the fluid, how much and did it have an odor? I then responded it was clear, it was enough to soak my underwear and no it did not smell. I then was sent in for a sonogram to make sure everything was okay. At this point I was about 4 and a half months and was scheduled to find out the genders on September 25th. Both me and Corey were hoping to be able to find out the genders that day, since we were already there. The sonogram began and everything looked perfect, so then the sono tech began to see if she was able to tell us the genders. After looking and waiting for the babies to be in the right position we then found out we were having 2 girls. Aubree Lee and Avery Rose <3 Now the sonogram was complete and we exited the room and meet with my doctor again. She said well everything looks great. I was still unaware of what the discharge was but she said it was normal and that it may have been urine. Once leaving the doctors, I was still feeling uneasy about the situation, my gut was trying to tell me not to listen to the doctor. But like any other, the doctor said everything was fine so I returned to my normal life, driving going to school and doing normal daily activities. Then 5 days later I woke up with the same discharge but didn't think anything of it because my doctor said it was normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment